This has been a really exciting week for me, and I’m glad that people are enjoying the Full Play series so much. It has already inspired a few of you out there to start playing Dark Souls, and for that I’m really glad. Dark Souls has a lot of good complexity to it that make it very rewarding once you get into it, and I’m glad that people are using this series as an entry point. That just strengthens my resolve and gets me more excited for week two!
The concept of the full game playthrough is that a new video will be uploaded every weekday, Monday thru Friday. I will continue to do this until I have beaten the game in question. For my first time out, a poll was administered on our Facebook Page, and our fans determined that I would be playing the punishing, but entertaining game, Dark Souls.
To keep up with the Full Play, you can continue to come back to the main website, or you can Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for constant updates.
Here are some of the highlights of Episode 2.
- WTF?!: Joey forgets how to use a healing miracle | 03:00
- Boss Fight: Bell Gargoyles | 03:50
- Gameplay: Ringing the first bell! | 07:20
- Gameplay: Heading back to Firelink Shrine to get some items | 11:50
- Gameplay: Joey enters the Valley of Drakes to find two items | 14:40
- Death: Instant kill, but Joey gets the Sword and Shield! | 15:30
- Gameplay: Fighting Skeletons at half strength | 17:40
- Gameplay: Exploring the back entrance to Blighttown | 24:35
- Mini-Boss Fight: Titanite Demon – Protector of the Forest| 33:00
- Death: That is one big beat stick … | 34:10
- Mini-Boss Fight: Titanite Demon – Protector of the Forest | 35:00
- Death: Protip – Don’t get impatient like me and fight him in a terrible spot | 36:20
Total Deaths for Dark Souls Full Play: 11