Change is a good thing. It allows us to evolve and eventually improve. In terms of g33kWatch related change, we want to let you know that it is coming. There have been updates to the black navigation bar at the top, the color navigation above, and now we are making some editing tweaks to the Podcast. We want to strike the balance of continuing to entertain our wonderful and established fan base while, at the same time, being accessible to a wider audience. This Podcast is the first step towards that, and we certainly welcome your opinion on the changes down below in our Comments section.
First up on the Podcast this week, we tackle the controversy surrounding BioWare and Electronic Arts’ decision to offer paid Day 1 DLC for Mass Effect 3. We discuss the pros and cons from both the business side and the customer side, the idea of gamer entitlement, and the slippery slope that this could eventually lead to. Definitely a thought-provoking topic, with a lot of room for discussion!
Up next in the queue is our discussion revolving around the Oscar Voter Demographics that were released by the LA Times this past week. Some of the revelations held within are ideas that we had speculated about, but having concrete numbers in front of us is both fascinating and illuminating.
Rounding out the Podcast, we answer questions from the fans about: suggestions for good Board Games; how much time we plan on sinking into Mass Effect 3 when it comes out; and the ever-popular Yogi’s Links, which showcase some of the best and worst geeky links from around the internet.
Enjoy the Podcast–and let us know who you would cast in a Stretch Armstrong movie!
Show Topics By Time
- Games – Mass Effect 3, Day 1 DLC | 00:04:13
- Movies – Transformers 4 and Oscar Voter Demographics | 00:27:04
- Tabletop – Board Game suggestions for 2-3 Players | 00:47:47
- Geek Culture – Question: How much time have you taken off in anticipation of Mass Effect 3? | 00:57:14
- Yogi’s Links – Stretch Armstong Movie, Community coming back, George Lucas BS and more | 01:06:40
Board Game Suggestions
- Munchkin by Steve Jackson Games
- Zombie Dice by Steve Jackson Games
- Quack in the Box by Don Gusano Games
- Ticket to Ride by Days of Wonder
- Grave Robbers From Outer Space by Z-Man Games
- Settlers of Catan
- Real medi-gel?
- Disgustingly easy way to tell what’s wrong with you
- Stretch Armstrong, now with more big screen action
- Yo dawg, we put glass on your glass so you can protect your glass with glass
- Oooh, pretty lights
- Community is back!
- If you bought Pokemon Yellow on iTunes, I’m sorry
- Project Avatar
- Ow, Ow, Ow, why?
- The White House is helping protect your privacy
- This is Aperture
- Comic-Con Episode IV: A New Hope