When you Podcast for a long time, you quickly realize something that is strange. The more you plan out a Podcast, and the more specific topics that you know you are going to talk about, the shorter your discussions go on. When you strongly believe that you have nothing to talk about, and just wing it … that’s when you get really long Podcasts like the one you are about to listen to. All we had on our list was Intro, Sponsor, Recent Articles, Oscars, Video Game Characters, Links. That’s it, that’s pretty much nothing. What that turned into though, was 2.5 hours of awesome Podcast. Prepare yourself, you may not be prepared.
The Oscars really take up a lot of our time, and for us this will pretty much be the last you hear about it until we are just about to have the actual award show. We discuss who got nominated, and some of the surprises, including the fact that Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close got so many nominations enough though it’s apparently not a very good movie. It has the trappings and feelings of a movie that was made to be a little controversial since it’s about 9/11 and that it was used as Oscar-bait. We debate that, and also talk about what the odds are that Clooney final wins a Best Actor award, and how overall this was a very safe year for nominations.
Once we mop that up, we then go into a little bit of Roleplay. Not about RPG’s, but instead a simple question that turns into a much bigger thing. If you could become any Video Game Character, who would you be and why? It seems like a situation where our panel of Podcasters would simply find a character from their favorite game and go with that. Yet that is not how it goes, and we pull out some surprising picks. That being said, what character would you want to be? Answer in the comments below!
Finishing up we have our ever popular Yogi’s Links section that continues to get more air time, and even more interesting each and every week. Perhaps we should just do an entire show that is Yogi’s Links. What do you people at home think?
Finally don’t forget that tonight, Friday January 27th at 7 PM ET, we’ll be playing Assassin’s Creed Revelations on XBOX Live. Send a friend request to Crimson Sundown and we’ll get you in there. Should be fun so we hope that you’ll join us! If you want to RSVP via Facebook, then do it.
Show Notes / Yogi’s Links
- Michael Phelps makes a restaurant
- Steven Tyler of Aerosmith ruins the National Anthem. Since the Patriots allowed him to sing this terribleness, much of g33kWatch will be cheering for the Giants in the Super Bowl.
- Get ready to be a browncoat!
- Indie Game: The movie…the series
- Want to train to be a B.P.R.D Agent?
- Bioware originally wanted SWTOR to be something else
- RE6 aka Girl blowing a Giraffe
- Can it be? A new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game!
- LEGO Minecraft
- Curing blindness, thousands of stem cells at a time
- XBox 720?
- XBox 720, now with some details
- ZOMG Magnetic soap!
- Sorry, no Blizzcon 2012 for you
- Threadless tees now for your XBL avatar
- A computer program that literally imagines things
- Netflix no longer has plans to do vieo game rentals
- 2 Beauty and The Beast tv shows?
- Gotham City Imposters open beta
- Now you can be a war criminal for using a cell phone in North Korea
- Oooh, super hot plasma
- Now you can show much you REALLY love your iPad