Seriously though, we’re happy to be back on a normal schedule. I want to take this time to apologize for the recent sporadic updates of some of our articles and sections. I should, should, be going back to normal in the very near future. As of last week my family held a party / celebration of my Dad’s life with all of our family and friends coming over to share stories and just remember the good times of my father. It was very cathartic and something that went over very well. Because of it though I kind of zoned out from all sort of other things, most notably the g33kWatch site. I want to thank you all for being so patient and supporative during this time, and for not calling me out when shit on the site is out of wack. Hopefully I can be a little bit better with that in the coming months. Probably not but hey, gotta strive for something! =)
This week we didn’t really have much to talk about, so we decided to only have a 90 minute Podcast. There are many tangents to discuss obviously, like the death of Whitney Houston, the personality of Peyton and Eli Manning, and Mr. Khon trying to write screenplays and struggling. Those are some fun tangents, but we do talk about PAX East and the fact that we have a panel! We get to tell people how to run a Child’s Play Charity Event. Almost like we are semi-authorities on the subject for some weird reason! Super cool! All the information on where you can see us is down in the show notes so go check it out.
From there, we delve into Mass Effect 3 demo. Thanks to the amazing BioWare Community Manager Jessica Merizan, we were able to get into the demo early. I didn’t write up a review / impressions of the demo because #1 It’s a demo that is full of spoilers and I don’t want to be that guy, and #2 I wasn’t really able to get a lot of multiplayer action in because there weren’t a lot of people in that early. Now that the multiplayer is out for everyone, I gladly talk about what is awesome about the demo on the Podcast. As per usual, I don’t talk too much about Story related things because I don’t want to spoil it for people and also who knows if BioWare is showing us everything. There may be some story cuts in there and I just don’t want to assume too much. On the multiplayer side of thigns though, holy crap this game is awesome. It really does that great job of giving a Gears of War Horde Mode, but giving you random objectives each round that never allow you to get comfortable. You are constantly working on a new task and you need a really coordinated team to get through some of the challenges. Add on top of that a great leveling system that is pulled directly of the Single Player game, and a trading card game-esque system where you get random equipment upgrades after each mission, and you have a really engaging system. If you haven’t played the multiplayer yet, you really should. Find me on XBOX Live under Crimson Sundown and we’ll play some matches!
After that we dive into some video game earning calls that have happened the last few months. We talk about the bad (Nintendo), the good (Ubisoft) and the worst (THQ) and how all of these earnings may affect what you are playing in the near future.
As always if you have any comments please feel free to leave them down below in the appropriate fields. To all those of you who respond to us as the Podcast goes along, that’s great, but please write up your full post in Notepad first, and then copy and paste it into the comments. I don’t want you to lose all of your writing because the browser craps out on you. =)
How to Run a Child’s Play Charity Event
Friday, April 6, 2012 @ 1:30 PM ET
PAX East – Wyvern Theater
- Kristen Lindsay – Child’s Play Charity, Foundation Coordinator
- Jamie Dillion – Child’s Play Charity, Project Manager
- Yogi Menghani – g33kWatch, Jack of all Trades
- Katie Valenti – g33kWatch, Event Coordinator
- Joey Valenti – g33kWatch, Head of Staff
- Don’t have tickets to PAX East yet? Better get some 1-Day Passes now while they last!
- If you are going to be at PAX East, you may want to come to our Friday Night Dinner to celebrate another fine year of g33kWatch fun!
- Rayman Origins is $20 at GameStop. Go buy it, it’s a fantastic game!
- X-Men: First Class 2 is all about Magneto. About fucking time!
- Guillermo del Toro directing a new Beauty and the Beast movie starring Emma Watson as Belle? Color me intrigued …
- Assassin’s Creed III gets released on October 30th. Biggest launch in Ubisoft history.
- If you have any interest in Street Fighter X Tekken, there is a great overview on what to expect from the game over on Maximilian’s YouTube Channel.